terms and conditions
What you can expect at Wecomex
During your time at Wecomex, you will have:
- full information and advice about courses before you enrol, facilities, support services and arrangements for fee payments
- good customer service at all times from courteous and helpful staff
- our commitment to running every course as advertised in the course guide
- if you are not satisfied with any aspect of our service email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- the opportunity to give your views about the service and how it can be improved.
If circumstances beyond our control (for example, industrial action, illness of a tutor, building problems) prevent us from meeting our standards, we will do our best to keep disruption to a minimum.
In your contact with Wecomex, we will:
- identify ourselves
- give you our attention
- treat you with respect
- be polite, helpful and professional
- give consistent/accurate information
- listen to your comments and complaints and deal with them.
Studying at Wecomex, you can expect:
- classes that start on time
- a high standard of teaching from appropriately qualified teachers whose work is reviewed and supported
- prompt return of course work where it is part of your studies
- feedback on your progress
- equal educational opportunities.
We aim to:
- Help you choose a programme of study that suits your needs, by providing advice about the options available to you at Wecomex, and give advice on further courses.
- Clearly identify English and maths requirements for all courses.
- Provide details of our fees, examination costs, and concessionary rates, including information on any materials that you will be expected to buy.
- Offer advice and practical help where the payment of fees is a barrier to joining a course.
- Deal with applications for places fairly and efficiently.
- Provide support for students with special requirements when possible.
- Keep you informed of changes and developments affecting your studies at Wecomex.
- Make it possible for you to express your views about our services.
- Keep you informed about our performance.
How we ensure quality
We monitor and set standards for quality across Wecomex:
Helping you choose the right course
We work to provide clear, accurate information and advice to help you make the right choice of course. We also carefully monitor attendance and if students stop coming, we need to know why.
Course evaluation by students
Tutors and programme managers are happy to hear your views about courses. On most courses you will be asked to complete a questionnaire which asks for your opinions about the course.
How we will respond to your complaint
- staff will make sure that all complaints are dealt with fairly, quickly and sympathetically
- all complaints will be treated seriously
- all complaints are monitored.
We aim to:
- send you an acknowledgement within 5 working days of receiving your complaint
- give you a full response within 20 working days.
Equal opportunities and race equality
All staff and students are expected to:
- promote a work and education culture in which diversity is vigorously pursued and highly valued
- ensure zero tolerance of all forms of discrimination, bullying and harassment
- take steps to resolve personal conflict as early, fairly and as amicably aspossible
- ensure that they are familiar with policies and procedures for equality and diversity, and complaints. Staff are responsible for reporting complaints of discrimination, bullying and harassment from both staff and students.
Information we hold about you
Data Protection Act 1998 – how the Act helps you
The Act gives you certain rights. It also ensures that when we record and use your personal information, we must be open about how the information is used and follow the principles of “good information handling” set out in the Act.
Why does data need protecting?
While there are benefits derived from the processing of your personal data, problems can also occur when data is incorrectly entered, becomes out of date or is confused with someone else’s data.
What are we doing?
We have a data protection policy with clear guidelines. Staff training and awareness has taken place forms used for recording your personal data, e.g. the enrolment form, explain what your data is used for and contain a data protection statement for your information.
I declare that, to the best of my knowledge, the information I have provided whilst enrolling is correct and that should my circumstances change, including my eligibility for concessionary fees, I will notify Wecomex immediately.
I accept Wecomex’s policies, including Wecomex’s refund and transfer policy. Please see our course guide or website for more information on our policies.
I intend to attend the course(s) I have enrolled on and I am aware of the commitment required.
I am satisfied that appropriate information about my course(s) has been available to me prior to enrolment.
I understand that I will lose my place on my course if I do not attend for four consecutive sessions or more.
I understand that should my sponsor fail to pay my fees, I will remain liable to pay.
I understand that should I fail to pay my instalment plan or any amounts owed, I will lose my place on the course and I will remain liable to pay.
I understand I will not be able to enrol onto any further courses until I have paid any amounts owed.
I understand that there will be a briefing on health and safety issues during the first session of the course(s).